Complete your class online during campus closures.
This site will continue to be updated as new information about the situation is presented. Please check back for content changes.
In case of a campus closure, illness, inclement weather, etc., you may be required to teach remotely with short notice. By using available learning tools at WashU, you can successfully teach your course online during a short or prolonged disruption.
Although we expect that most faculty will use Canvas as their overarching teaching and learning tool, Canvas alone may not support all of your current teaching methods. This website will detail how you can utilize a range of available tools to swiftly transform your teaching.
- Updating your adjusted syllabus and posting it on Canvas
- Contacting your students via Canvas and/or WebFAC to let them know your course is moving online
- Creating a brief, check-in Canvas Assignment or Quiz to ensure all students are engaged immediately
- Moving paper-based assignments to online submissions
- Distributing course materials via alternative methods
- Changing your exam format and testing conditions
- Holding office hours online
- Preparing students to complete group work at a distance
Ready? Get started by clicking the button below.